Sunday, March 22, 2009

I'm Just A Girl

There is this store downtown. I don't know the name but everything is either $4, $6, or $20. My co-workers and I call it the $6 store. It is nice looking stuff, not the highest quality. Necklaces, earrings, t-shirts, skirts, purses. The purses are actually pretty good quality. I pass by it everyday. Two days ago, the door was propped open and I decided to venture in. My song was playing and I actually sang it a little while spotting and trying on a red and peach colored necklace and pretending I was Gwen Stefani. I was sucked into the vortex of shopping! Which is kinda like the Bermuda Triangle. Money goes missing, and temporarily, so does my sanity. I spent half an hour in there, but it only seemed like 5 minutes. Time actually warped while I was in there. In an attempt to counteract the effects of the Bermuda Triangle, I have developed a very specific way of shopping . First, I try to spot my colors (usually primary colors, although easter egg blue is an instant turn-on). Then I inspect to see if I like the style. Then I look to see if they have my size. If I try it on and am not in love with it, I don't get it. In this store? I wanted to buy EVERYTHING I tried on. I love this store. And it's dangerous, which I think makes me like it even more (maybe that describes the guys I like-Except they are usually high quality). Can you have a love affair with a store? Cause if so, the $6 store is my current beau, although he doesn't open the car door. I don't think he even has a car. But he does have a door and it was open when I walked up, so I guess he DOES open the door. I actually missed lunch because I spent my whole half hour sorting through which things I liked. The total bill would have been $50 but then I realized I didn't have my bank card or wallet on me and only had a $5 bill. I avoided complete seduction. But I will be back. Oh yes, I will be back.

No comments:

Post a Comment