Tuesday, June 16, 2009

Woohoo, I finally have internet!

K so it's been awhile. I have missed you, Mr. Blog (yes, he's a boy). So much happening and I didn't have any internet access. The good thing about not blogging for a while is that I can sum things up in a big picture. Details later.

Youth night has ended at our church for the season. Sad, not because it has ended, but because I feel like we have gotten nowhere with our kids. Do they read their bible? Are they praying? Are they avoiding temptation? Based on the text messages I have been getting, that's a negatory, Sam. Sex, drugs, rock and roll. Whatev. It's a process. Time to get out the watermelon and knife. What? I am using the knife on the watermelon. What were you thinking?

Facebook is fun. Haven't been on there in a while. Didn't miss much. But I love love love looking at pictures. Favorites in descending order:


Babies that I know or have held and have smiled at me while I was holding them
Babies that I know or have held
Wedding pics
People laughing really hard
Baby pics of babies I don't know
New boyfriend/girlfriend/wife/husband pics
Nature pics

The ones I dislike? My own. Why is it that I can look at a picture and be all like, wow, I need to change ______ (pick something), and then 5 years down the road look at the same pic and be like, wow, I was really cute there. I need to have my 5-Years-Down-The-Road glasses on when I look at my own pictures. The ones where I am extremely happy are the ones I actually like though. And I love totally candid shots. Posing is one thing I just can't do properly. I wouldn't make a good model. The photographer would be like, "No, no, Miss Garvey, don't close both your eyes when you wink"; "stop clenching your jaw"; "don't wrinkle your nose"; and "can you please try to not look Chinese? Oh, you can't help it? I'm sorry, but we are going to have to airbrush the asian look our of your pics" No offense to anyone asian, and I used to want asian eyes, I thought they were exotic and beautiful. But it's different when you look asian because your eyes disappear into your cheeks. Once, when I was visiting a certain friend here in Victoria some years back, we got a black and white drawing of ourselves done by an artist in the Inner Harbour. Totally Chinese smile. I still have that picture. But he made me smiling really hard, so I am happy. He even commented that I look Chinese in the picture he drew. My little sister once was asked to prove she was born in Canada when she started going to a new school because there were some Chinese immigrants coming illegally to Canada. She was so upset, she went home and cried because she thought the school didn't want her. I told her she just looks exotic. She calmed down and tried to work it by putting on black liquid liner. It looks good on her. Exotic is going to be the look I will be going for in my pics. Maybe. Or laugh really hard and try to keep my eyes as wide as I can. I think that will make me look scary and surprised though. As a great friend says..."I'm sexy, I do what I want."

K so I went into detail and didn't really give a general picture at all of what I have been up to. From this blog, you would think that I am obsessed with myself and pictures on facebook. Not true. Not entirely true. I will post more later. Of course.

1 comment:

  1. Dude, you are sexy and do what you want! Hee hee. Also, do you want me to take some nice pictures of you? I can if you want and I have a camera.

    ReplyDelete