Tuesday, October 20, 2009

Chocolat

So I watched the movie by the name of the title of this blog. It was very good. It was an answer to a prayer. Bit of a long story, but that's what blogs are for, right?

I recently went to Edmonton. I was considering moving there, and may in the far future. But my heart is here right now. I thought I was being foolish. Like running away-with-the-circus-kinda silly. 7 days ago, I prayed for a sign in the form of a story, specifically about a mother and daughter and landing in a town and STAYING there. I prayed that it be a movie or a song or a book that I could relate to. We always moved around when I was little and I hated it. I truly did. I think I may have been bored to tears to stay in one place, but I will never know. I was jealous of people who grew up in one town and knew the people they went to kindergarten with, let alone still knew the people they went to high school with. But I am who I am. Moving around helped me meet lots of people and adjust accordingly. Before we started a movie, I randomly grabbed two movies and held them behind my back. I told our host to pick a hand and that would eliminate one choice. She declined, saying she wanted to watch one of two movies. Chocolat was one of them. We ended up watching it, of course. What are the chances though? Is there ever a coincidence of this magnitude? It was amazing that we picked that movie. In the story, the North wind moved a mother and daughter from place to place. The daughter hated it. And then at one point, they come into a kitchen and everyone is helping out, making food. They stayed and didn't move anymore. It's kinda their church. It was good. For so long, I had this scripture haunting me: "Raise the signal and go to Zion! Flee for safety without delay! For I am bringing disaster from the North, even terrible destruction." (Jeremiah 4:6) I got that back when I lived in Kelowna and that movie reminded me that I don't get that warning anymore. I was just still, for the first time in a long time. And watched a movie. Where the mother and daughter stay put.

No comments:

Post a Comment