Tuesday, October 13, 2009

I'm baaaaaaaaaack.

Ok so I am back from my wonderful trip to Edmonton. I had such a great time, it almost seemed like too soon to come back. It has been a while since I have posted anything so I guess I should catch up. Hmmm let's see.

Oh the pressure. Well, here are the highlights to my trip:
I got to see my sister and mom. When I called my sister to say I was going to surprise them, she started crying. When I got to the door, I went down to the basement where my mom was watching TV and snuck in. I said "Hello?" and she thought I was my sister. Then she looked up and saw me and started crying and shaking. It was good. Not that I want to make people shake and cry. But what a welcome. She saw my friend and started crying that she was there too. I am sure it was because she didn't want to see her. Kidding! She loves Doodle. A lot. And sincerely, which is sometimes rare in my family. Doodle has a niece that calls her Doowa. It is the cutest thing I have seen in a long time. And my nephew. My sister calls him The Little Shit, but really, he is just very active. She never says that when he is around though. I sometimes wish she wouldn't say it but it's hilarious!!! He takes every single item out of her purse, examines each piece and takes it apart to see how it works and then walks away. My sister will come upon a pile of broken items and realize that he did it again.

He isn't that bad or anything, just very active and curious. He is 2 and a half and his little brother is 8 months. He often wants to play rough with his little brother because he plays rough with daddy when daddy comes home from work,so he will put him in a head lock, or sit on him while he is having "tummy time". His little brother will scream his head off, so he will think that he won. My sister sends him to his room. It was so cute to see my baby sister disciplining her children. She is 10 years younger than me, and I had to turn my face so that her and the kids wouldn't see me laughing. I don't know why I found it funny. It's like, I used to have to discipline her and it just seems so funny now that she is doing it. I don't mean any disrespect, it's just so cute.

Until the kids see me with my face turned and my whole body jiggling!

Once they see you jiggling, they know that have gotten away with whatever. And that's how I laugh. Everything jiggles. And I hold the laugh in so much that I let out this little snort. It's horrible. My sister wasn't pleased. At one point, she ducked into the bathroom and I thought she was angry and crying. Nope, she lost control and was laughing. We stayed in the bathroom doing our snorting laugh because we were trying to hold our laughs in and when we came out, her sweet little boy made sure she was alright. Then he told her she was pretty. And then asked for a treat. Smart kid.

I visited a friend that lives close to my sister. She is Canadian and so is her husband....no accent whatsoever. Her little 3 yr old boy comes into the living room and says (in a perfect British accent), "Mummy, may I have a snack?" It took me a minute to think about her and her husband and if they have taken a trip to the UK recently. Nope. Not that I knew of. I listened to her son a bit more as he went on about Spidamon (Spiderman) and toe-mase the Twain (Thomas the Train). Then I asked her if she realized she gave birth to a little British boy? She said "No, no, it's more like Elmer Fudd." He just has a slight speech impediment, is seeing a language counsellor or whatever they are called. Let me tell you, it was the cutest thing ever. I wanted to take Elmer Fudd and cuddle him and tickle him, but he thinks he was born as Spiderman and it's hard to hug a little British boy who is stuck to the side of the wall and climbing up it. Probably so politically incorrect to post this, but it touched my heart. Definitely one of the highlights of my prairie trip.

No comments:

Post a Comment