Wednesday, October 21, 2009

Tethered

When I was in junior high, I was obsessed with tether ball. I played it so much. I sprained many fingers multiple times. After they would heal, I would be back at it. It is probably my favorite sport. I can't think of another one at this point in time that I like more.

Every day at least once a day, I have to explain what tethering is to a customer. (It's using the data from your device and tethering it to your laptop so they are sharing the data).

I worked with a certain caterpillar today that perhaps is blossoming into something great! I am so proud of this certain caterpiller. She is attentive to various slugs that come to our place looking to purchase communication devices. Smart, great attitude, high energy. Not a lot of self-initiative, but whatever. I am just so grateful for someone who doesn't spit in the garbage and grunt everytime a cute caterpiller walks by.

BUT...

The head slug, Ducky, let me know that her success is TETHERED to mine. I think sometimes that when people learn English in a communication device slug colony, perhaps they use common words to explain many different things. He said she was ported in from our other store and that the tethering goes both ways. Told me I have a decision to make about retaining her since we are tethered together. I asked when I was given the power stick. He said I don't have it, but I do have a decision to make. Of course I added a line and let her assume responsibililty for it. Sometimes I want to pour water all over the whole slug colony!

No comments:

Post a Comment