Tuesday, September 15, 2009

True friends get in the dumpster with you

K so my friend Renza called me the other night and I was kinda feeling lonely and overwhelmed. I was making chicken broth, which was simmering and had a couple of loads of laundry in the machines in the laundry room. I invited her to come over and agreed to meet her at the back door. I intended to visit the laundry room to turn the clothes over and then toss my garbage while I was waiting. The bags were so heavy, they almost broke my fingers. I slugged my way across the parking lot with my 5 heavy bags and took one heaving grip and tossed it all in.

WITH MY KEYS!!!

I remained calm and stood there for a minute thinking of possible options. It was dark and I was cold because I was just wearing a tank and shorts and suddenly had to go to the bathroom so bad. I started making my way down the alley to where Renza would park - I didn't want to go dumspter diving alone. I waited and then wandered around to the front of the building. After a while Renza showed up. She was smart enough to ask the neighbors for hangers and a flashlight. Then she undid a wire hanger and stabbed a garbage bag in the corner of the dumpster to move the garbage out of the way. The plan was to work the grid starting in one corner and working out. Wouldn't you believe it?! The keys were under the first bag we picked up!

I was so grateful. However, for those of you that know Renza, you know that she does her own thing, dances to the beat of her own drum. This is why we love her. We stopped in the laundry room to turn the clothes over. Since they were all full, I had to empty one. Renza Renza proceeded to fold someone's underwear.

They were very large underwear appearing to belong to a male.

I asked and then begged her not to fold it. Threatened to mess it up when she was done. To no avail. She does her own thing. I left her in the laundry room folding someone's underwear. Later, when I returned to gather my laundry, who should come into the laundry room but the owner of the large underwear!!! He thanked me and asked me for coffee sometime. Upon returning to my suite I found that Renza had artfully arranged 24 rolls of toilet paper in a pyramid fashion in my toilet paper bowl thingy. I later sneezed and they rolled everywhere. I left it like that for a few days to remind me of the funniest night in a long time. It was hard getting them all piled up again. I had to store some in the cupboard. It would make for a fun time at Crave. Piling the toilet paper I mean, not the part about folding a stranger's underwear or going fishing in a dumpster for my keys. I got another set cut by the way! (Keys, not underwear).

1 comment:

  1. Hahaha! Okay, I'm just trying to hook you up my friend. What if I had folded Matt Damon's undies and *he* asked you for coffee? It would have been genious. In the meantime, I had a good laugh. Ha. SUCH a fun night. Best one I've had in a while.

    ReplyDelete