Tuesday, September 1, 2009

Extended grease to others. And grace too.

I got a flat screen TV, a new couch, side tables and a huge shelving unit for $100. It was an amazing deal. My living room is full of furniture now. Can't even walk into the living room. There is so much to do and here I am on my laptop in bed. I am giving my previous furniture away. The TV has been spoken for but the shelving unit hasn't. There is also a kitchen table, and a majestic couch set.

By the way, cell phone guy's sister requested to add me to facebook. I really like her a lot. More than I like her brother, but it seems weird to be all like, "hey wanna hang out?" The parents have come into my store and let me know how great their son is. The daughter is super cool though. She is married or has a bf or something and has pics on facebook of costumes and places she has gone. Also when I sold her her piece of equipment, we had a great time. We are around the same age and get along great. I don't want to date the guy just to gain a really great friend. However, I don't want to befriend the friend and leave the guy out in the cold. He has come in a couple more times and it is clear that "just friendship" is not in the cards. And my non-attraction to him won't let me even flirt with him or lead him on or anything. I made it clear I was not interested. It was horrible. But free-ing. I don't think he is going to give up easily cause he came back like, 3 more times. Asked if there was any chance. I was firm (almost rude) and very direct. Then the parents showed up. Aaaaaaaaargh. I am not sure which is more difficult, being the person to say no and having to keep say no, or being told no and being so determined. It's awkward. Also, I don't think he is a Jesus lover. Which is fine with me for friendships, but not so much for relationships where I could potentially end up arguing about beliefs. Been there, done that, no more of that.

Speaking of Jesus, there was this facebook status of a friend of mine. It read...How is it that one of the most thoughtful conversations I have had about grace was with someone outside the church?

Totally. I agree, although I think his status is more of question form.

When I was little and my mother tried to explain grace to me, I thought she was talking about grease. My dad would cook bacon and then pour the leftover bacon fat into a can and it would congeal and go white. So one day I came home from school and told my mother about something my brother did while at school that he got in trouble for. My mother picked up the can of bacon grease and was holding it in her hand while telling me that sometimes we need to give grace to others and love them the way they. Of course in my 7 year old mind (no, I never really grew up) I thought she was talking about the grease. When my brother came home after school, I got the can of grease, walked over to him, told him I loved him, went to hand him the can of grease, and accidentally spilled it on him. He called me stupid, so I called him mean and ugly. My mother pointed out that we look alike and asked me what I was doing? I said I was trying to extend grace and love. I don't remember what happened after that but I wasn't in much trouble.

No comments:

Post a Comment