Tuesday, September 22, 2009

i phone u phone we phone they phone

The delivery guy for our store is so nice. I have a lot of admiration for him. And a deal with him. I have always been very nice to him because I know that what he brings are little packages of gold. Not real gold of course, but the sort of equipment that translates into a pay check for me. I have become conditioned to associate delivery men with potential paychecks. He told me my eyes light up when I see him. He said that he initially thought I had a crush on him, but then realized I focus on the package he has in his hands, take it from him, and hold it if I can, while signing the delivery receipt. Then I completely ignore him. Once I have signed the delivery receipt, I am off to the races! It's like Christmas every Monday/Tuesday. I love receiving product.

Today was insane though. The head slug, who is usually very fair, decided to call all his friends when a shipment of fresh green leaves arrived. Some of the green leaves were from 16 branches, others had 32 and were available; both only from Oak trees. The other option is Maple trees, but we did not receive any Maples today.

When I was visiting our other slug colony, the delivery guy came by and gave me the sign that he delivered the leaves. When I arrived at the store, it was so comical. The slugs couldn't figure out how I knew the leaves had arrived. Suckas!!! The other slugs had shown up and tried to hide and stuff the leaves in holes so that others would not be able to find them. But I sniffed out a couple of leaves and sold them while the slugs were visiting the feeding troughs and outhouse. When they came back, they were baffled that the leaves had been sold. It was such a manic experience.

I have to keep giving the delivery guy cookies. He rocks!

No comments:

Post a Comment