Sunday, August 23, 2009

4 Random Sightings of FB Guy- Creepy or Coincidence? and also, I am truly a coward

So I ran into FB guy. He changed his profile picture. The one before this one he was wearing this helmet/mask thing and I couldn't really see his face. In this one, it's definitely him. I knew it was him before anyways. So today I saw him at Mayfair mall. I kinda ducked behind a kiosk to avoid him seeing me. Then later I saw him drive by me while I was waiting for the bus. I saw him a far ways off as he was maneuvering out of the parking lot and turned my back so he wouldn't see/recognize me.
There are 2 reasons I did this:

1. I didn't look well today. I had rolled out of bed and was wearing baggy yoga pants and an old t-shirt, barely any makeup and my hair was in a sweaty pony-tail. I didn't think I would see anyone that would recognize me. That's the beauty of only living here for over a year.

2. Even though I am not interested in this guy and should probably be an adult and let him know, I don't want to even put myself in that position to have to have the talk. He isn't bad looking and he is very polite and really nice. What is it I don't like about him? Hmmm, not sure. I guess he just talks an awful lot. About politics. Like, he wants to tell you everything that is in his head. I felt steamrolled. And I think it would hurt his feelings if I told him. You see, I have had about 10 conversations with this guy. Yes, that right, he has come and talked to me about politics about TEN TIMES. I am moderately interested in politics as far as say, hmm, is there a war going on? I find it mildly interesting. But to have a full conversation about it puts me to sleep! And he has talked to me ten times about this. Oh no wait, the first meeting was me selling him an iphone. So that's nine. The point is, he is passionate about politics and I? am definitely not.
I have tried several ways to cut the conversation short. He picks up the hint and goes away and comes back another day, just like rain. As you can see, I am not good at this. I don't usually get guys interested in me that keep visiting me at work.

Later, I saw him at the same grocery store. And then at the same restaurant. Creepy? Or coincidence?

I am going to have to suck it up and have the talk. I think he is smart enough to take a strong hint. I just have to deliver it.

No comments:

Post a Comment