Wednesday, August 5, 2009

Frustrating Day

A customer came into where I worked and did not speak English very well. She said she wanted to start a contract. Find out that after an hour and a half of her broken english and my broken japanese, she wanted to stop a contract and got her verbs mixed up. Great times getting that reversed!

Customer number 2 wanted to give my manager a compliment about me but I convinced him not to since my manager thinks I am paying people to say good things about me.

Customer number 3 wanted me to give a credit for $0.45 because they were charged for 3 text messages that they said that didn't send and wanted me to help them with this. I asked if they were concerned about future text mistakes, but they said they were not. I handed them 2 quarters. They came back and still wanted help getting the $0.45 removed. I gave them the phone and told them what to dial. They wanted me to do it. I informed them that we do not do any adjustments in store and it is up to them to call in. They stared at me like cows in a field waiting for feeding time or something. I almost asked if they are mentally challenged but I think that would have been rude. I dialled the number, handed them the phone and walked away. I didn't get the quarters back (no big deal at all) but then they wanted my coworker to credit them, so he also gave them $0.50 to go away. To no avail. In the end, they got $1.45.

Customer number 4 locked their phone with a password and couldn't remember it. She was very nice and a little embarrassed. I could not unlock it either, since I DIDN'T KNOW THE CODE. After calling the provider and the manufacturer, the only way to get it is to do a system flash, meaning she loses all her contacts, memory, data, applications. Everything gone. She was not happy and started yelling. I gave her the option of paying $50 at a different store for the service of sending her device away, which costs $130. She yelled very loudly. I calmly told her that I will leave her to make her decision and walked away. Half an hour later, she asked me to book her a time at the other store. Said she didn't understand why we don't know the code. Duh! That's why it's called a SECURITY code.

I love customers. I am grateful for my job and am not really as bitter as it may appear, I am just venting.

No comments:

Post a Comment