Friday, August 7, 2009

Purity

As a naive somewhat new-ish Christian (4 years of following J-man), I sometimes imagine "other" Christian girls who grew up in a christian bubble - a completely functional family with good boundaries and no drinking, swearing, staying out late, and for sure no crazy sex drive! In my mind the parents of these "other" christians had it together, whatever that encompasses. Unlike my family who travelled and let me miss school and had rough boundaries. I am pretty good at not falling into the comparison trap and comparing backgrounds and stuff like that, but I am pretty bad at being naive. I also fall into the category trap. I like organizing stuff so I think Ì start to group people in my head. I think it's my christian-colored glasses. I often think that christian girls don't have sex and don't want to, but I realize it's both unfair and unhealthy to paint everyone with the same paintbrush. Some people deserve fat paintbrushes to smooth everything away and some need a pointy one to get in all the nooks and crannies. The point is, I have discovered a huge segment of Christian girls in the next generation who are secretly having sex or sexual activity. My heart breaks for them because I want them to stay pure and hey, maybe they can be the first generation to get it right.

Something in me is relieved that girls have sex drives. Maybe I am not such a freak after all? I will still be praying for their purity though

No comments:

Post a Comment