Saturday, May 23, 2009

Bob

Had coffee with a man today who has been doing business with my dad for more than 25 years. He presented an opportunity to me that I have been seeking for a long time (3+ years). Totally stoked. He is a bit older than my dad, and like my dad, has the spirit of someone much younger. We chatted for 2.5 hours at a coffee shop about business and ethics and financial products. At one point, I made a corny joke and he said "Ah, you really are your father's daughter." I replied, "Yes, but my jokes are not as lame as my dad's." His 5 minutes of laughing at me told me they were. Said he misses my father and hasn't seen him in a while and is going to visit him next time he is in Alberta. I miss my dad too. I need a really good joke before I go visit him though; I don't want my jokes to be as lame as his. Heh heh.

No comments:

Post a Comment