Friday, May 15, 2009

When Harry Met Sally: Can a male and female who are around the same age ever be JUST friends?

I am sure most of you have seen this movie. It is classic. A male and a female become friends and debate if two people can remain as just friends. They remain friends over the years and then finally declare their love. Chick Flick, although I know a lot of men who love this movie. I think it's because it is about relationships and how they develop. I highly recommend seeing this movie.

So I pose the question to you: Can men and women be just friends? I am not talking about weird gaps in age, or nothing in common. I am talking about an attractive man and an attractive woman, a couple or few things in common, around the same age. I personally think it's possible and common. But it is said that men think of sex, like, once every 20 seconds, or something like that. Do they think about it with their "friends"? Also, women develop attachments very easily and feel loyal to someone they have formed an attachment with. If that is the case, then do women have a feeling of attachment to all their guy friends, making it difficult for any other woman to get close? A good guy friend of mine says that he is friends with his co-workers and hangs out with the girls all the time. I think this is a healthy thing, although this guy can be a bit feminine and not sure if he is the norm. Also, can ex-bf's and gf's be friends? I like to think that they can. Some people say it depends on their maturity, respect, all that stuff. I am not sure that this is a cut and dried issue, it really depends on each individual person. That being said, I want to know what you all think.

So, I have re-posted the poll ( I actually found out how to extend the voting day). Feel free to vote.

No comments:

Post a Comment