Friday, May 15, 2009

Random Family Memories

BUBBLES

One time (in band camp...hahahaha, just kidding), when I was very little, my mother was taking a nap. Everyone was in school or at work and I was supposed to be napping as well. I couldn't sleep so I decided to get up and give my mom a gift by doing some dishes. I put the plug in the sink, squirted lots of dishsoap into the sink and turned the water on. It was taking a while for the sink to fill so I went to watch cartoons completely forgot about the water filling up. The living room was in a completely different part of the house. As I was watching TV, I felt this water on my hand. I looked down and saw this puddle of water creeping towards me, coming to get me! I ran into my mom's room and leaped on the bed from the doorframe and let out a little scream. My mother woke up and told me to go back to sleep, so I climbed under the covers with her and told her I was going to take a nap in her bed. She asked why my feet were wet. I told her the water was coming to get me. She had a concerned look on her face, sat up in bed and saw the puddle of water around the bed. She screamed and asked me what happened. I just shrugged. I couldn't talk, I was scared the water was going to come and get me! She later explained to me what I did. I thought it was funny at the time. Ok, it's still funny. I actually called her and reminded her of this today. She said "Yeah, real funny!" She spent the day using towels to mop up the mess and squeezing them into the tub.

No comments:

Post a Comment