Friday, May 8, 2009

Sales Training

I love working with groups of guys in sales because if they compete, it's with sales instead of with looks or status or whatever (they also compete over who's phone is better). When I was working with all women, they would compare weight, clothes, looks, etc. These guys are all about how many phones were sold. Then, they listen to the person that sold the most and actually put their advice into play. It is a very exciting, growing atmosphere. The young guys always try to tell me what to do and tell me I am too nice to customers (I didn't know there was such a thing). They say I should let the customer come to me and not cater so much to them. My manager heard them and tore a strip off them, loudly and in front of all of us. I was embarrassed for me and for them, but they stopped trying to tell me what to do, especially after I made a sale. Then they tried to help me on the computer.

The major thing I learned was the four personality types that they expect us to base our sales approach on:

Amiable, Aggressive, Expressor, and Analytical

It is based on whether someone is more logical or more emotional and whether someone is quick to make to decisions or slow to make decisions. I am the expressor, which means (I am not sure, I will get back to you on that...there is too much crammed in my brain at the moment to recall what that means).

No comments:

Post a Comment