Wednesday, May 20, 2009

Online Training with 30 Rock

I have been holed up in my apartment for 24 hours working on my training. My assistant manager decided to tell me that in order for me to receive my commissions check, I need to have all my training done. There is 12 hours worth!!! I worked straight through though, taking breaks to watch episodes of 30 Rock for every 1.5 modules completed. There are 16 modules, so I am basically thinking in 30 Rock mode with the thought of cell phones going through my head.

No wonder the new guys at work were standing at the computer all day. I thought they were slacking or were shy with customers. Turns out, they were training at work. Smart guys. I asked my assistant manager if he was hiding this information from me and he said no, he just found out and told all of us at the same time. There was a flurry of activity with the new guys and they seemed really intent on their computer screens. So I asked and they said that they assumed there was online training, but were just told that it is a requirement to get paid. I was pleased to find out that we were told at the same time. They used to work at Future Shop or The Source or places similar that require training to be done. Those places don't require it to be done in order to be paid though.

I am almost done all my training. Just have one last module to complete which will register me for the training trip to Vancouver. Finishing ahead of schedule (deadline is May 31st) so hopefully I will get a good seat. And won't have to train while I am at work. I would rather train at home in my bed where I can watch 30 Rock. Ok, so not the most healthy way of working, but whatev. I kinda like it. And now I have today off. I am going to make a tomato and cheese grilled sandwich and removed the skin of the tomato it doesn't get all shrivelled up. And a nice hot cup of tea. I am becoming a grandmother more and more every day. Just need to get married, raise a child and wait for their kids.

No comments:

Post a Comment