Monday, July 13, 2009

Call Center Culture

"Thank you for calling Sprint PCS Wireless, my name is Katherine. How may I help you?"
"I would like to order a Hawaiian pizza please."
"Sorry?"
"A large hawaiian pizza please."
"Sprint PCS WIRELESS. How can I help you?"
"Uh, this isn't Pizza Hut?"
"No, it's a call center."
"Nevermind".

-------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

"Thank you for calling Sprint PCS Wireless, my name is Katherine. How may I help you?"
"I just got my new phone and need to program it."
"Ok, are you calling from a land line?"
"No, I am using the cell phone!" (with an angry tone)
"Okay well you need to call from a land line so that we can program the cell together over the phone."
"It's okay, I will stay on the phone with you and we can program it. We need to hurry because I am expecting a f&%$ing call!"
"I'm sorry sir, but you will need to call back on another line because this cell phone gets shut off."
"It doesn't matter! Just help me program my phone over the phone!"
"Ok, the first step is to press the red button."
"Press it now?"
"Yes. If you want to program your phone, you need to first press the red button."
"Okay." Call ended.

3 comments:

  1. I definitely remember that hell!

    ReplyDelete
  2. You forgot to verify the account first - Quality Fail!

    ReplyDelete
  3. Actually, neither of these situations required us to verify. In our call center, we always asked how we could help them first before we went into the account.

    ReplyDelete