Wednesday, July 22, 2009

Date?

He showed up on a motorcycle wearing jeans and helmet and motorcycle jacket. He didn't know I could see him because I was sitting across the street at a table. I watched him take his gear off and lock his bike up, then I went over to him. As soon as he saw me, he started grinning and waving. As I approached, he looked a little shy and fiddled with something on his bike. I kinda kicked the ground with my toe and said "Hi." Then he said, "Hello, it's good to see you." I gave him a hug and he kinda hugged me sideways, hard to describe. We went inside the restaurant and got a table. He let me pick my seat and then pulled out my chair for me. As we were looking at the menu, I glanced at him and saw him glance at me. We started laughing at the same time. He remembered what I liked and ordered for us. Conversation was good. He told me I am crazy and he is glad to see I haven't changed after I dipped my sashimi in his soy sauce. I apologized and he said no, he is happy to share. When the bill came, he grabbed it right away and paid. We were gonna hang out but since his motorcycle license is brand new, he can't be out after dark and had about 15 minutes to get back to Bear Mountain so he had to go. It was pleasant and enjoyable, slightly awkward. Later he texted me to say thank you for letting him take me out to dinner and then called me. I thanked him for being a gentleman. I could hear him smiling over the phone and he said that is what he is going for. Said he was sorry our date was cut short. Date?

I don't know why, but somehow I feel disrespected. It wasn't because of the whole "date" thing. Maybe disrespected is the wrong word. Under-valued? I don't know. It's like he didn't realize who I am or my value. All that time and he finally takes me on a real date? I know we are here to give but really? Too late. And I am not sure he knows who he is or realizes his own value. I feel in my gut that this is not the guy for me. I don't know. It didn't feel like Jesus was wooing me. I appreciated his time and everything was smooth. Right time, wrong boy. Weird. It's like somehow in my soul, I know it's not right. I hope I will know when it is the right one. I think the Jesus will show up. And bring a prince.

No comments:

Post a Comment