Thursday, July 16, 2009

This actually happened today

Which is weird because my last post was about programming phones. This is an interaction that took place between my coworker and a customer.

"Hi, welcome to (our retail store) . How can I help you?"
"Can you program my Telus phone for me?"
"No, I am sorry, we are not a Telus provider. You need to go to Telus, they are just across the hall and they can program it."
"Why can't you program it here?"
"Since we don't service or sell Telus cells, we are not able to program them."
"Well, I am not going to Telus because they are rude! So I guess you are telling me that I am going to be carrying around this phone and not use it just because you can't program it?!"
"Look, I am sure the people at Telus will program your phone. They have to. You got it from there."
"Whatever. I am just not gonna use my phone. Thanks for nothing. And you know what? I want to lodge a complaint with your head office. What is the number?"
"Hold on, I'll get it for you." (He looks under Telus in the phone book, gives the customer the number). "Here you go, just tell them what you told me. I am sure they will be happy to hear what you have to say."

No comments:

Post a Comment