Sunday, February 7, 2010

Fight Like a Girl

What does fighting like a girl look like? Why do guys say that and mean it like an insult?

Maybe we are supposed to fight like girls. In the past, when I got into a fight with a girl, each girl fought differently. Some with their nails, some with fists, some with words. The way of fighting that I disliked the most, was the quietest one, very subtle. It said: You are excluded. I have always hated being excluded. I think that is what the enemy whispers to me: you don't belong. That is such an immature thing though. It seems like in high school, that is the place to conform. But does that feeling ever really leave us? If I were to fight against something, as a girl, I guess it would be to include people. But I don't like including everyone. I like having my tight little group. I like belonging to someone and someone belonging to me. Maybe that is selfish. I like not including everyone because then it seems "special" or something. Elite?

On the other hand, I feel this pull to include absolutely everyone and befriend everyone and not leave anyone out. I know that people can find this annoying (I have been told). I have been told many times that I know a lot of people. But it's just because I don't want to leave anyone out. If I were to fight like a girl, it would look like me dressed pretty and a bit skinnier and more successful than I am now and approaching women on a regular basis and loving on them. Sounds kinda scary. I bet guys would have a hard time doing that!

No comments:

Post a Comment