Friday, February 12, 2010

Filler Queen (as opposed to "Killer Queen" by Queen)

As some of you know, I am working in an office a few hours a week. I create scripts for sales people to use over the phone. So far, the scripts have been highly successful. One of the main reasons for this is that I don't have to be shady whatsoever, just completely straight up. I love it. I feel like this is what I was meant to do. At least for now. Ha ha. According to the owner, the only thing I had to work on was increase my filler words to lead the potential client to a close. I am not sure that these words are necessary but he says that it makes the conversation softer and more likely for the client to feel comfortable and not pressured. I am torn about this because I kind of see what he is saying, but I am definitely not used to speaking like this. It has been slightly effective, but I must admit I feel a little lame when I say it. I respect the owner a lot! and have written down his little sayings whenever I can little post-it notes and peices of paper. Here is the compilation:

So...
Have you given any thought to...
Just wondering about your thoughts on...
Not sure if you have considered...
I was just calling to follow up on your thoughts about...
And...?
You had asked for information?
What I can go ahead and do for you...
What I do is just call to check on your thoughts about...
Basically...
Really, we find this very valuable in helping you think about...
If you really think about it, it can lead to...
What it boils down to is...
What they are really saying is...
How do you feel about giving your thoughts on...
Something to consider, you may want to think about...
In case you didn't know, it's basically just boiling down to whatever it is that you think about and find valuable leading to...
It just all comes down to what you think about...
The overall effectiveness is apparent in the end result, which boils down to the nuts and bolts of the whole thing and your thoughts on it all.
Right. So. You?

No comments:

Post a Comment