Monday, February 8, 2010

Mow

I went up to Mount Washington this weekend for a ski trip with a bunch of peeps. It was great, but I didn't go out on the hill. I was sick so I stayed at the Lodge and chillaxed with some youth. We played this awesome game called Mow. Basically, one person is the leader and makes the rules. Playing the game was myself and a couple other leaders and 3 youth (or is it youths...? Whatever. There were 6 of us.) I briefly explained the game, and as the game went on, they seemed angry. But they couldn't voice their frustration or anger because no talking is one of the rules. Ha. However, as they started understanding the rules more, they wanted to play another hand, and another, and another. Lunch was served at 11:30am and one of the youth(s) was the leader. As we went to stand up to get lunch, he penalized us with a card. Eating lunch was not allowed! Well, you would think that, hey, this is just a game. Who cares about getting another card. But you would be wrong. These youth(s) were serious about their game and stayed. So I stayed. I didn't win another round because they? decided that since I was not as benevolent as them, they would penalize me any way they could. It became all out war. I had a fever and headache and was nauseous. But I didn't quit. I had to beat them. Shortly after lunch, they decided they wanted a break from the game. I didn't want to take a break but just didn't have the energy to convince them to stay. Until next time. I am going to be dreaming up some sweet rules.

No comments:

Post a Comment