Wednesday, April 15, 2009

And now for something completely different

I am very fond of Ms. Pacman. I love the cute little bow and the 4 goblins that she runs around getting after she eats the big dot. As a matter of fact, I think I was addicted to Ms. Pacman. That's right, I used the word "was" because I have cut it off completely. You may notice that my blog page is a bit different; I removed Ms. Pacman from the main page. Reason? Firstly, addiction...once I realized, it was easier to cut it off. But the other reason (and it's very odd) but I was speaking with my mother today. She has depression and fears she is losing her memory. She went to her friend's house and then when she came out, found she had spent $150 and had a pile of Avon makeup (if this has ever happened to anyone, maybe you can relate). She remembers going into the friend's home, doesn't remember my father picking her up after or how she got home. She has recently starting taking anti-depressants and has been on her current ones for 3 weeks. She called her doctor and he told her this isn't usually a side effect. Today when she was taking a nap, she had a horrible nightmare that there was a pacman running around in her head eating memory tape. She said that she woke up and was thinking of me which is what prompted her call. No more Ms. Pacman for me. I feel guilty when I play it. Nothing like a mother's guilt trip (even if it's not on purpose) to break addiction. I did NOT tell her I had been playing Ms. Pacman.

No comments:

Post a Comment