Sunday, April 19, 2009

Fashion Trend Alert

There are new and weird things coming into style lately, although some are repeats of previous fashion from decades ago.

Aladdin pants, aka harem pants.
Flowery shirts for men. This is no longer restricted for queens, but now every man can look like your grandmother's wallpaper. I just want to rip these shirts off. And not just to see what is underneath either.
Burlap. Cause I love eating potatoes so much, I wanted to wear a dress that is made for potatoes!
Thigh high boots. K, I have to admit, I love this trend. I usually cannot fit them over my calves and they are very expensive, but I still love them. I remember this Wilson Phillips video where one of the girls was wearing thigh high boots. Not at all pirate-ish.

It's cyclical I guess, but some things just shouldn't come back in, like the harem pants. I remember walking through West Edmonton Mall by the oilmen metal statues thinking I was hot stuff! Everyone had them. That's the thing with fashion, someone, somewhere decides this is what is right now. Some girl who is the "it" girl wears it and everyone clambers on. The other thing is, during recessions, everything is more extreme, brighter colors, higher skirts, lower cut shirts, etc. I think my extreme is going to be hair. I have big hair, always have, always will. Back when I wore my harem pants, I would hold my hair straight up, spray it with Freeze Spray from Paul Mitchell, and blow dry it like that, so it would stand straight up. Until my dad told me I looked silly. I didn't believe him at first, thought he was just being mean. But I am definitely not going to do that again. I am just going to back comb it. So much healthier for the hair.

No comments:

Post a Comment