Saturday, April 25, 2009

Sleep Dialling

I had a dream that this really big, huge mean man came to my counter and told me to give him money. The supervisor closed the door in his face and said no. He got really mad and was going to go for another door. I kept running around closing the doors. People that I worked with stood and watched me, not doing much. But the mean man kept running after me and finding all these stupid little ways to get in. He didn't just want money, he wanted to kill me and anyone else he could. I finally found this tiny room that had a door that also turned into a counter. I closed the little door to the counter and also closed the door and locked it. He was outside and I was inside. I was safe. I had gotten away. He was banging on the door though. Very hard. I thought he was going to break the glass. Then silence. Suddenly, I felt this hand reaching for my lower back. I turned and realized he had stuck his hand through this hole in the bottom and was grabbing for me. I smartened up and grabbed a phone and dialled 911. Why hadn't I thought of that before? It was at that moment I woke up. I had one hand on my lower back and my cell phone in my other hand. I guess at that point because in my confused sleepy state, I thought he was still there. It was such a huge relief and I am weirdly a little grateful for this terrifying dream because I realize I was safe. That guy in my dream is gonna get his ass kicked by the cops. Or be brought to justice. Or Mercy. Or something like that. Who cares, I am awake now. Then I hear this voice asking "Police, Fire, Ambulance?" I hung up. Of course I get a call back asking if I am okay. I had to explain that I was sleep dialling. How embarrassing!

1 comment:

  1. Oh my gosh Kat! Sucks about the dream... but not going to lie: funny that you accidentally called 911.

    ReplyDelete