Sunday, April 5, 2009

Day 3 - People behaving very badly and inappropriately

Ok, so I know I complain about work. A lot. But it's really bad. I will tell you how bad in just a minute. Good news: I had a job interview this morning for a career that I really want, pays well, great benefits, great atmosphere, good hours, close to home. Then I got through the second interview. They have called me back for the third interview and are requesting transcripts, records, references and all that great stuff. Totally stoked. I applied for associate, but they interviewed me for a managerial position. I am praising God out loud right now and have been all day. Yippee!

This is how bad it was today: A co-worker's friend came and *screamed* at me for doing "something" to her friend. She didn't explain what, but was very nasty to me. She said I am not nice to her friend. Ummm, ok. In hindsight, I probably should have called security, but instead I tried to speak calmly with her and let her know that everything is ok. When I quickly determined that wasn't working, I calmly and simply told her I won't take her abuse, she doesn't know me or anything about me, is only getting fed one side of the equation, she needs to shut it and then walked away from her to the other side of the island. When she left, my co-worker came and apologized up and down and explained that her friend is very protective and she has no idea why she did that to me. Uh-huh. Right.

Same co-worker received a box of presents for her birthday and a card signed by EVERYONE, except for myself and another lady. I didn't know about it, didn't even know it was her birthday. You better believe I high-tailed it to the dollar store, bought a card, signed it, and gave it to her within 15 minutes. Totally awkward and I turned on my beauty advisor smile. The box of goodies she received included a deck of cards with...ahem...interesting pictures of males with...hmmm...well, you get the idea. In the middle of seating a customer, she came up and showed them. The customer was disgusted and walked out. Management says it's all in good fun. I hope I get a new job. That would be good fun.

No comments:

Post a Comment